Thursday, January 04, 2007

CLEANING OUT THE DESK

  • The 50 Greatest List is done - our team of web-savvy Sherpas has wrestled it to the ground and killed it. Hope you enjoyed it. For a much more irreverent list that promises to be lots of snarky fun, check out Hey Jenny Slater. Though we think he's got #43 much, much too low.
  • Speaking of lists, should we do one for hoops (not as long, maybe 25 guys)? We'll take silence as a yes. Does anyone care about Cal hoops, or are we all staring at pictures of Phillip Fullmer and discussing verbals in the Cyberbears chat room?
  • 'Tis the season for disgruntled transfers. Arkansas WR Damian Williams is enrolling at USC. That's not good. Former Gator WR Nyan Boateng is reported to be considering Cal. That's potentially good, though we hope he leaves his girlfriend in Gainesville.
  • Can anyone explain Washington basketball to us?
  • The dead period for FB recruiting ends Friday. We'll have some stuff up soon on the process and a pretty uninformed take on Cal's incoming class (aren't they all?). Ridiculously early depth charts will continue over the weekend.
  • Reason #693 why college football is the greatest thing ever: stores are struggling to stock enough alligator meat to satisfy the hordes of hungry Buckeye fans. Oh, and for what it's worth take Florida and the points in the NCG. Not that we're advocating that sort of thing.
  • What's wrong with the Tree? It's been denuded. That school is either going to hell in a hand basket, or this climate change thing is a really big deal. Or both.

2 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love Cal basketball. As much as I'm enjoying the current run of Cal football success (and I am) - I'm a basketball guy AND when I was in school, we were a basketball school.

I even set up my Spring schedules as a junior and senior to have MWF classes, just so I could get in line at Harmon all day on Thursday.

Yes, it's slightly insane (especially considering there were only about 10 of us morons who did that, I could've shown up at 5:30pm and been only about 12 spots back in line), but I would really welcome a return to the days when Cal basketball mattered. (I'm not pro or anti Braun by the way - I was overseas for the majority of his tenure, so I can't say for sure that I have a strong opinion about him)

 
At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This may be slightly off topic ...

But that link to the dancing Furdie-Girlies made me throw up in my mouth.

Not only are they ugly with a capital "O" but they got some serious ham thighs.

Now that I think of it, Furd bashing is never really off topic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home