CLEANING OUT THE DESK
- The 50 Greatest List is done - our team of web-savvy Sherpas has wrestled it to the ground and killed it. Hope you enjoyed it. For a much more irreverent list that promises to be lots of snarky fun, check out Hey Jenny Slater. Though we think he's got #43 much, much too low.
- Speaking of lists, should we do one for hoops (not as long, maybe 25 guys)? We'll take silence as a yes. Does anyone care about Cal hoops, or are we all staring at pictures of Phillip Fullmer and discussing verbals in the Cyberbears chat room?
- 'Tis the season for disgruntled transfers. Arkansas WR Damian Williams is enrolling at USC. That's not good. Former Gator WR Nyan Boateng is reported to be considering Cal. That's potentially good, though we hope he leaves his girlfriend in Gainesville.
- Can anyone explain Washington basketball to us?
- The dead period for FB recruiting ends Friday. We'll have some stuff up soon on the process and a pretty uninformed take on Cal's incoming class (aren't they all?). Ridiculously early depth charts will continue over the weekend.
- Reason #693 why college football is the greatest thing ever: stores are struggling to stock enough alligator meat to satisfy the hordes of hungry Buckeye fans. Oh, and for what it's worth take Florida and the points in the NCG. Not that we're advocating that sort of thing.
- What's wrong with the Tree? It's been denuded. That school is either going to hell in a hand basket, or this climate change thing is a really big deal. Or both.