CLASS OF 2007 - OFFENSIVE LINEMatt Summers-Gavin (Guard - St. Ignatius HS, San Francisco)
Reported offers: Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oregon among many others
- Invited to the US Army All-American game, but sat out with a high ankle sprain
- Led St. Ignatius to its first CCS title in 39 years in 2006.
- Played tackle in high school, but is likely to move down to guard in college.
- While he'll probably blueshirt, MSG is polished enough to conceivably play as a freshman.
Sam DeMartinis (Tackle - Notre Dame HS, Sherman Oaks CA)
Reported offers: Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Arizona State, Ole Miss, SDSU
- Excelled after Notre Dame made the switch from Division III to the Pac-5 Division and the Serra League, which includes Loyola, Bishop Amat and other powers.
- Brother Tony plays at San Diego State. Dad Jack played at UCLA, but the Bruins never offered his son.
- Team captain his senior year; tore a tendon in his ring finger that forced him to miss the playoffs.
- A ringleader of a group of incoming recruits who have committed to go to the Rose Bowl on various social networking sites.
Mitchell Schwartz (Tackle - Palisades Charter HS)
Reported offers: Michigan, Tennessee, Oregon, Stanford, Virginia
- His brother Geoff plays at Oregon.
- 4.87 shuttle speed is very good for a 300-pounder. According to reports, he's never been in a serious weight training program, so there's probably lots of upside there.
- Schwartz is a good athlete, pitching on the Palisades baseball team.
- Another good student, carrying a 4.0 GPA and a 29 on the ACT.
Todd Huber (Center - Palos Verdes Penninsula HS)
Reported offers: Arizona State, Washington, Oregon State, Stanford
- Older brother Scott played at SC (98-02)
- 3.9 GPA/1820 SAT
- Admitted to Stanford before he turned them down. Yes, it happens. Increasingly.
- Crazy 4.55 shuttle time given his size. Very quick feet.
- Signed with Cal despite hailing from the same high school as Erik Lorig.
Justin Cheadle (OL/DL - Bakersfield HS)
Reported offers: Stanford, Oregon State, ASU, Arizona
- Another lineman who was a basketball star in HS. Very athletic, which has led some to believe he might play defense. So far, the coaching staff maintains he's an OL recruit.
- Rated by Scout as the 3rd best OG in California.
- Another great student; carries a 3.8 GPA.
- Greatest HS nickname ever - the Bakersfield Drillers