Monday, December 04, 2006

CLEANING OUT THE DESK...

There's a lot to get to, and we'll be getting to it during the "downtime" between now and the Holiday Bowl.
  • Our Pac-10 basketball previews will continue tomorrow with a look at the #3 Washington Huskies. So far we've done #10 Washington State, #9 Arizona State, #8 Stanford, #7 Oregon State (which looks like a dumb pick), #6 Cal, #5 USC, and #4 Oregon (which looks like a smart pick).
  • Stanford looked scary good against Texas Tech, though the Raiders don't match up well with big teams. I still think we can sweep 'em if our bigs stay out of foul trouble.
  • I want Pete Newell's genes - he looks great at 91 years old and sounds like he could assist for even the best programs.
  • The friendship between Pete and Bob Knight is well-documented, and it was a nice touch for Tech to play the Challenge. I guarantee the General went extra-special crazy on his team for playing so poorly in front of the Master.
  • Still on track to complete the 50 Greatest Golden Bears list by Holiday Bowl week. Who will be #1? Should we do a similar, albeit shorter list for hoops?
  • Two good things about Cal going to the Holiday Bowl: 1) I can drive to the game, and 2) we all get to miss the annual blood sacrifice at the McKale Center.
  • Some good stuff cooking on the history and social anthropology of Texas A&M University. Suffice to say that we could not have drawn a more interesting opponent...
  • And lastly, we'll catch up with the politics surrounding everyone's favorite stadium upgrade.

1 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

As a former Texas resident (4 years in Houston) I look forward to your aTm preview. I like the Gomers - a bit fanatical about their football team, a bit weird about the corps thing, but good people. I also happened to have dated two Aggies in my four years in H-town, so maybe I have a special place in my heart for them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home