CALIFORNIA 73 SANTA CLARA 48Yesterday we wrote that this could be one of Ben Braun's most interesting teams. Last night the Bears proved us right with a surprisingly easy 73-48 home victory over Santa Clara.
- Ryan Anderson is the real deal, and by real deal we mean our best offensive player: 25 points and 9 boards; 5/7 from 3-point range.
- What a pickup for Ben - we were excited about Randle and Christopher but Anderson seems like the star of a very good class. We are very interested to see what he does against quicker opponents in conference play.
- Cal went on a 23-4 run through the final 7:30 of the first half and yes, they did run.
- SCU was terrible from three-point range (2-19); Cal held the Broncos to 33% shooting overall.
- Cal got out-rebounded again (35-28)
- DeVon Hardin is out of his mini-slump - 12 points, 10 boards and 5 blocked shots.
- Jerome Randle had five assists in 14 minutes.
- The refs let them play - the two teams shot a total of 17 foul shots (6 for SCU, 11 for Cal).