SANTA CLARA @ CALIFORNIAAnd here we haven't even graded out Cal's loss to the Aztecs. A quick and dirty on tonight's game:
* Santa Clara is 2-0, including a nine-point home win over Utah.
* The Broncos start two guys above 6'11", and one of them can score (Ryan Denison, who went for 20 against the Utes.)
* Cal's guards should be able to score against their starting backcourt (both of whom are under 6'0", and not that quick).
* Santa Clara is deep - wouldn't be surprised if 11-12 guys saw the floor.
* Among those backups, Calvin Johnson is a streaky shooter who hit five 3's against Utah.
* Cal must control the defensive boards. SDSU is a physical team, but a minus 10 rebounding differential won't cut it against anyone.
* Santa Clara hoops has more SI covers (2) than Cal, which blows our mind a little bit.
California 74 Santa Clara 64