MONDAY ROUNDUPSeen this morning on the way out the door: Woody Paige and Skip Bayless debating who should be #2 behind Ohio State is like me debating my mailman about favorite 16th century astronomers. It's insane - the stuff of nightmares. I hate ESPN.
Thoughts on the weekend's games:
* Nebraska is a lot better than I thought. I continue to think Callahan's offense is silly, but I was surprised at their defensive effort v Texas. The Longhorns, on the other hand, hit as hard as any team outside of Ann Arbor.
* UCLA's come from ahead loss to Notre Dame is Exhibit A of why the UCLA faithful want their coach's head on a stick. Actually, just watch UCLA's last possession right before they punted into the winds of destiny. Your little sister would have the cojones to throw it, at least once.
* Oregon's BCS aspirations: 9/2/06 - 10/21/06. Rest in peace.
* UW quarterback Carl Bonnell injured his non-throwing shoulder and may not play Saturday. The big question - do you burn Jake Locker's redshirt if Bonnell can't go?
* ASU's attendance is down 10% from last year. Frank Kush rolls over in his grave. Well, he would if he was dead.
* Clemson looked great against Georgia Tech, but I can't shake the feeling that they're going to stub their toe in their last 4 games. Of course, even if they run the table they won't get to the championship game unless BC loses as well. In any event there's still a good chance the ACC champ will wind up ranked behind Boise, giving the SmurfTurfers an automatic BCS bid (more on that later).
* Not much change in the BCS. Cal continues to be ranked ahead of Tennessee, which makes my head hurt.