CLEANING OUT THE DESK...
- Amid all the football hysteria, I neglected to mention that yesterday was LOI day in college hoops. The Bears signed two forwards - Harper Kamp (6'8"/250/Mesa AZ Mountain View) and Omondi Amoke (6'7"/205/Oxnard HS). Kamp should help on the glass, while Amoke is a more athletic wing player. Both could contribute early.
- As expected, Cal de-commit Drew Viney signed with the Oregon Ducks. Braun has apparently decided to eat the scholarship that had been allocated to Viney, so we'll use it next year.
- Arizona and UCLA both cleaned up as usual and have Top 25 classes. The surprise is ASU - according to some services Sendek has the 3rd best class in the conference.
- ESPN has a long article on its site about Todd Bozeman's return to coaching at Morgan State. Regardless of your feelings about Bozeman, it's a good read. I'm surprised Lute agreed to be quoted.
- Byron Storer and Alex Mack are both up for Academic All-America consideration.
- I hope readers are enjoying our highly subjective list of the 50 Greatest Golden Bears. To recap, the list so far is: 50 - Steve Sweeney; 49 - Carl Van Heuit; 48 - Harvey Salem; 47 - Daymeione Hughes; 46 - Dave Barr; 45 - Regan Upshaw; 44 - Joe Igber; 43 - Walter Gordon; 42 - Ryan O'Callaghan; 41 - Ted Albrecht; 40 - Charley Erb; 39 - Bobby Shaw; 38 - Benny Lom; 37 - Jerrott Willard; 36 - Tony Gonzalez; 35 - Dan McMillan; 34 - Geoff McArthur. More to come...